Saturday, September 12, 2009

Phylosophical Conclussion after the John Maxmell Leadership Summit

The following are Philosophical highlights concluded  by a lawyer after listening to  John Maxwell Leadership Summit


I learned that it was a very fortunate hand that allowed me to join company delegation of ten managers at the City Sports Club last June 10, 2008 to attend the John Maxwell Leadership Summit. I learned that that was the day of reckoning if I could be the leader I wanted to become.

After hearing the introductory speeches and Dulce belting out a show stopping Lupang Hinirang, I learned that it was awesome to simply stand in the presence of John Maxwell, never mind that he was not there in the flesh but only on broadcast- live miles away from Shangrila Hotel in Makati.

I learned that John Maxwell is John Maxwell, larger than life, author of a multitude of leadership books – truly worthy to be called “the leadership guru” who can trump all other leadership advocates of this generation and the next. I learned that the seminar provided to be a true educational, inspiring experience leaving me speechless at times.

I learned that if it was John Maxwell speaking, I could be glued to my seat for all I care and strapped to it without even so much as blinking just as long as the following golden nuggets stay with me for a lifetime:

I have the potential to be successful.
Success is knowing my purpose in life. Know your purpose in life through your passion and giftedness.
Passion is a great energizer.
Talent is never enough.
Stop working on your weaknesses. Invest in your strengths.

Attitude is not everything, it is the main thing.
Attitude does not overcome incompetence.

Find your niche, your sweet spot! To rise above average, I have to discover my giftedness, my uniqueness, what makes me special, what sets me apart.
  • Success is growing to my maximum potential. Invest in yourself, improve your strengths.
  • Your daily agenda leads to success.
  • Successful people make good decisions and then manage it.
  • Success is sowing seeds that benefit others.
  • The best leaders are listeners. Poor leaders lead by assumption.
  • Lead people from where they are, not from where you are.
  • There’s no such thing as time management. Make the most of your time by managing your life.
  • Manage your life, manage your priorities, not your time.
  • Highly successful people have good relationships with people.
  • My ability to lead determines my ability to succeed.
  • We teach what we know, we reproduce what we are.
  • Don’t send a duck to eagle school.
  • Good leaders produce more good leaders, not just followers.

PS. I learned furthermore that I could be lucky as I won the first prize in the door prizes winning for myself an overnight bag…..but I guess not too lucky as it was not an overnight stay! Darn!

This is reprinted from INEWZ.
Written by Atty. A Cabalda

0 comments: